Sunday, October 22, 2006

Mary Poppins and Newark

More social life = less blogging. The irony being that I actually have something to talk about when I have a social life, but not the time to blog about it. Anyway, last Wednesday a friend of mine invited me to see Mary Poppins, which is currently in previews on Broadway. Generally speaking, I don't really have a whole lot of interest in the Disney musicals, but Mary Poppins is sort of a classic so I decided that it would be worth to check it out. That and it was free, so why the hell not? It’s actually pretty good. If anyone gets a chance to see it, I would recommend going. The set is phenomenal. It's almost worth going for just the sake of checking out the set.

Friday night, I ventured out of the city to Newark for my friend Steve's birthday party, and I lived to tell the tale! It was good times. Hung out with a bunch of his med student friends, played a little beer pong at the bar. I slept on his couch (he uh, needed to be walked home, as one should be on their birthday;-)). I also discovered that apparently he and Carrie started dating 2 weekends ago when she came to visit me in the city. (They spent the next 2 nights in Newark.)

In football news, I have a man crush on Jeff Samardzija for that last second TD. At least he shows up to play today. What the hell happened to our O-Line? Out Heisman trophy candidate isn't going to be able to much when he keeps getting sacked. And Walker isn't going to be able to run when the D-line meets him in the backfield on every play. I also wasn't a fan of the play calling in general today. Charlie seemed to be going for too many big plays instead of calling a lot of short and intermediate routes. Whatever, I should stop bitching, a win is a win.

In other news, my stalker is apparently still kicking around. TriDeltGodess who started IM-ing me senior year, apparently is still aware of my existence, and feels the need to IM me, despite the fact that I have no idea who she or he is. Kat claimed to know who it was, but was supposedly sworn to secrecy. Of course, now that I'm rarely ever at my computer, IM is no longer something I would consider to be an effective way of stalking me.

3 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you stopped IM! That means I have to stalk in other ways...

I mean *whistle*....

 
At 10/24/2006 6:31 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

You can still IM me, I'm just rarely at my computer.

 
At 10/24/2006 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I don't even remember now. I'll think about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home