Monday, September 25, 2006

Crazy Canucks

So yes, the weekend with the parents in Canada was nice. It was good to see the parents and go to the ball game. I just wish they had informed me that I was being used for physical labor before arrived. It's not that I mind doing some heaving lifting, but I kinda like to dress in older clothes I've already beaten the crap out of instead of the clothes that didn't have permanent stains on them (yet). Anyway, the Sky Dome (Rogers Center, or Centre) is a pretty nice ballpark. It could use a better scoreboard, but otherwise it's pretty nice. It's pretty damn big too. It's seats 55K. Kind of a waste on a country that's not that passionate about their baseball.

One of the quirks of the weekend was throwing things away. Apparently there are all sorts of issues with trash since the Toronto area used to ship their trash to Michigan (seriously, can anyone really think of a better use for that state?), but now Michigan isn't letting them do that any more, so they're in a bit of a crises. Now there are 4 different places to through things out. There is the biodegradable trash, the regular trash, the paper trash, and cans and bottles. Some of these are collected weekly, the others are bi-weekly. There is even a book published by the government explaining all the rules. I spent the whole weekend asking where things needed to thrown out.

And now for something completely different. The bane of my existence for the past month, which I won't directly refer to by name, but I will use it's initials (PGCP) involves one exceeding dumb client. (If you're a college football fan and half a brain, I'm sure you can figure it out.) The client initially asked for the voting period of the second phase of this to start at 12 am Sunday morning, and end at 10 pm the next Saturday, with the next voting period starting 2 hours later. I was proud of myself catching this last week, and we seemed to be making progress towards something that didn't involve us working every Saturday night in December from 10pm to 12 am. This week they came back with a period that starts 9 am Sunday, and then goes to midnight Saturday night. IDIOTS! You don't get it do you? WE DO NOT WANT TO WORK ON THE WEEKEND! WHY ARE YOU CHOOSING TIMES THAT NOT ONLY REQUIRE US TO WORK, BUT REQUIRE YOU TO DO SO AS WELL! I hate marketing and sales.

1 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on the whole canadian restricted disposal system...while I'm at the shore each summer I'm almost afraid to throw anything away at all...because it MUST either be recyclable, compostable, or I can get my deposit back on it...heaven forbid you throw a napkin away, unless it's been used to mop up meat juices...and fat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home