Saturday, October 14, 2006

It's getting colder!

And I love it. Unfortunately the cold weather means the heat is on in my apartment, which most of you might not think is bad, but I have no control over it. Also, while I'm far from perfect (but none of you would think I would ever admit that), I do make a modest effort to be eco friendly, and would probably rarely turn the heat on, since living on the 6th floor of the building, I would probably just benefit from everyone else turning their heat up too high. Of course this just means that I'll have my windows open all winter. Last night I made the switch from boxers to the flannel bottoms for my sleeping attire, and even wore the winter jacket to work this morning. Yay cold!

In other news, the thought of joining a gym has crossed my mind. Very slowly I'm developing a belly. It started last December when I broke my collar bone, and had 6 weeks where I couldn't do anything. I reached "full" health around the time I moved to NYC, where I really only work out about twice a week now, as opposed to CT where I would work out 2 or 3 times, plus play gatorball once or twice a week, and play hockey at least once. My one attempt to start getting into more physical activity resulted in me breaking my bike. Realistically, this won't happen until I get off my lazy ass and join the ND club of NY, which will allow me to get a discount at a gym. Also, a second month of hell at work is looming on the horizon, so I suppose this will be some sort of early Christmas present to myself, instead of having to buy new pants for a slightly increased waistline.

3 Comments:

At 10/14/2006 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouldn't your work have some discount at a gym?

 
At 10/17/2006 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you should join our bloggest loser challenge.

 
At 10/17/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Katie - The main campus has its own gym, so the satallite offices don't get anything.

Airhead - I'm pretty sure they do. They alwasy seem to be advertising it, but I haven't really looked into it extensively.

Kris - I'd like to lose like 10 lbs, or just convert that fat into muscle, there's not a whole lot of weight to lose. That, and I don't even own a scale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home