Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bitter blog

OK, I need to keep myself up late (sometimes I hate working for a .com) so I'm blogging. First things first. Brady Quinn has not improved at all from last year. He peaked last year, and has made no improvement to this year. There is not a doubt in my mind we will win every other game on our schedule, with an exception of USC. That won't be pretty since they are pretty talented. However, I see no improvement from last year to this year for Brady. There is no doubt in my mind that some NFL team will draft him too high, but the reality is, he will never be anything better than a Mark Brunell type QB. He is capable of taking care of an offense, and not screwing up if he has the players around him (the picks today really weren't his fault), but he's not going to lead a team to a a bowl. He's a caretaker, not a leader. He's good enough to help the team get there, but he can't lead you there on his own. Also, our defense till sucks agaisnt a good offensive team. Hence, me not feeling at all confident about USC. I like what Charlie's doing, but he's still a few years away from getting the offense and defense up to the same talent level. The national championship just isn't going to happen for us this year.

1 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I hadn't been at that game. It was downright painful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home