Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I miss Glee Club, and many other things

'Twas a good weekend. I took Thursday and Friday off, and had a relaxing travel day Thursday. I stayed in Chicago at the home of Jim, Schwaz, Jesse and Bubba, all former otters. My original plan was to pay them all in football tickets for putting me up, but Jim wasn't there, Schwaz already had tickets, and Jesse and Bubba decided they didn’t want to go. Oh well, I owe them one. We ended up just hanging in and playing Halo 2 and drinking beer. It was fantastic. I miss the Otter Room, and college in general.

Friday I took the South Shore to the Bend. I thought that by getting to the bookstore midday on Friday I could get just ahead of the mad rush at the bookstore. Unfortunately they were already sold out of the shirt in large. Next time I need to talk to people who either are going out sooner, or go to school there so I get the size I actually want to wear. At least I'm big enough that an XL doesn't look completely awkward. In the afternoon we had rehearsal for the concert, followed by a picnic. The concert itself certainly won't go down as anyone's finest performance, but then the point isn't necessarily high end musical performance as much as it is the joy of getting together with 200 guys who just want to get up and sing and have fun.

I stayed at a friend's apartment out there in order to avoid exorbitant hotel costs. Unfortunately she's seeing someone so I got a lot more sleep that initially anticipated, but then I wasn't really every looking to get caught up on rest this weekend.

All in all the reunion was a blast. My vocal range isn't what it used to be, and now that I don't sing 5 hours a week anymore singing 3 or 4 times a day takes a much greater toll on my voice. Perhaps I need to do more karaoke to get back in shape. This reunion was far less organized than the two we had when I was still a student, but it was still an amazing weekend. I wish I were still a college student.

In other news, I discovered that 3 out of the 4 places I lived when I was at ND have changed. My freshman year double was changed into a single my junior year. (My old roommate and I tried to push the idea that only those who were forced to live in it as a double should be able to choose, but the rector never bought that idea.) My sophomore year double, next to the Quint on the first floor, which had no RA's at the time, has been changed into an RA's room. (Just a travesty.) My small junior year single is still a small single. The house I had senior year, doesn't exist anymore. It’s a grass field with a sign promoting future condos. It's sad, but at the same time my house was a shit hole. I remember us near breaking the living room floor at the post spring concert reception, and there was the crack in the foundation before I moved in, but whatever.

3 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Hmm too bad about the shirt...Becuase I have "the shirt" in L..but that is because Kelly rocks.

 
At 10/03/2006 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, the memories. Ihope my reunion weekend ends up half as nostalgic...

 
At 10/13/2006 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sad to hear about our little house.

it was so perfect for parties- with the huge hill and our own private parking lot

*sigh* remember the halloween party? that was awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home