Monday, October 09, 2006

I may need to boycott Coke

I just say a commercial where a Coke showed a Notre Dame fan and a USC enjoying a coke together. I'm sorry, but on no circumstances would this ever occur. This would be like Jesus and Satan going out for a beer after work one day. It just doesn't happen like that. I would never watch ND v. USC with a USC fan. EVER! That's just like sleeping with the enemy. Anyone who does that will find himself or herself in the inner circle of hell (I can't remember if its 7th or 9th, English majors help me out here).

In other news, Carrie and Steve were in town this weekend. We went to Spelling Bee Friday night, which was very funny. I thought Avenue Q was a little funnier, and more musically exciting, but Spelling Bee was still very good. Despite my best efforts, they both insisted upon sleeping on the floor, despite the presence of another bed and a La-Z-Boy reclining chair. Whatever. Saturday we went to the ND Stanford game watch, which drew an unusually small crowd. Not that I minded too much. It was nice to be able actually move around and be served promptly.

I also have to mention, that I did not one but 2 good deeds, in the same week. (Crazy huh?) The first was a donation to the Breast Cancer walk thing that happened in NYC this weekend. Granted, it was only because my coworker asked, but even I'm not a cheap enough, or enough of an ass to not donate $5 to that (uh, when directly asked by someone I know). The good deed I did was donating my old cell phone to the ND club of NY so they can pass it off to a legit charity. I've actually been looking to donate it since I got a new phone (in November), and the game watch provided the perfect opportunity to get off my lazy ass.

If anyone asks me to do anything nice for the rest of the year, I will tell them to refer to this post, and let them know I've reached my max of good deeds for the year.

10 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess I got my good deed from you just in time.

 
At 10/10/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

9th circle, reserved for TRAITORS

 
At 10/10/2006 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to Captain Jack Sparrow, "The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers."

 
At 10/11/2006 12:42 AM, Blogger Erin said...

/giggle
so the fact that one of my maids of honor is a USC grad puts me where on the spectrum? :-p

 
At 10/11/2006 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its like the one commerical from ESPN...of the couple on the couch making out..one has an OSU sweater on and the other has a MICH sweater on..and it says something like "If it weren't for sports, this wouldn't be disgusting."

 
At 10/11/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Yeah, but Coke made it seem like it was ok, which ESPN didn't.

 
At 10/12/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Eh, I think Erin's just this side of the 9th circle because she LIVES in Southern Cal and, well, she just can't save everyone from their sins... Now the tricky part is that if she *takes out* said bridesmaid, is she not in the 9th circle anymore because she wasn't a traitor, or is she DEFINITELY in the 9th circle because murdering your guests (that whole double-crosser thing) gets you there too?

... speaking of Kelly being too big of a dork for her own good...

 
At 10/12/2006 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly I love you man!

 
At 10/12/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Erin said...

kelly...my head just exploded :-p

 
At 10/12/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home