Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A poll and stuff

Ok, so next Wednesday apparently there is some charity thing where UCLA and ND alumns are going to be guest bartenders. I'm debating whether or not I actually want to volunteer for this. The upside would be that I would get to pretend that I'm a bartender for a few hours. The downside is that I would have to leave work a little earlier than I want to (and we're about to get crazy busy again, stupid football season) and get down to the lower east side. So basically, I'm looking for peer pressure. Make me bow to it.

Stuff
I saw a woman plucking her eyebrows on the train the other day. This seems like a rather dangerous activity, considering many of the conductors make a concerted effort to drive the trains like they're some sort of crazy cabbie. I would have laughed hysterically if the train stopped suddenly and she gouged out her eye. Oh, she also put in her contacts on the train. I hate people who get on early enough that they get to site down in the morning.

6 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If its any charity involving battered women or anything with children.

You have to do it, or you be in the 9th circle of hell you talked about.

 
At 10/12/2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. If it's a good cause, you should do it. And you can be the bartender that flirts with all the hot girls for a night. Sounds like it would be fun.

As for tweezer woman, that's just weird and stupid. Reminds me of a girl I knew in high school who had a mishap with an eyelash curler. She was using the curler, and someone bumped her arm, and she ripped out almost all her eyelashes.

 
At 10/12/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

You're a complete wuss and an absolute sell-out corporate dick if you pass up 1)being a bartendar for a day 2)doing it for a good cause and 3)showing the Irish love (...of drinking for good causes) because you have to leave work a little early.

Are you kidding me?!

Not only have you become a whiny biatch, but more of a girl than me.

Prove me wrong, Garrett.
Please.
For the love...

 
At 10/12/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

I think you should do it.... Good cause and the potential for drinking for free while you 'work'

 
At 10/12/2006 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do it, do it, do it...that's all three of my personalities goading you on!

 
At 10/12/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Alas, I can't do it for 2 reasons. One, they already have enough people. Two, they want someone who has bartended before, which um, isn't me. Though I still may go and drink, because hey, it what I do. The proceeds go to each school's respective scholarship fund. Also Miss butterfly, there is a chance I wouldn't be able to leave early if I wanted to, as 10 hour days are looming on my horizon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home