Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween in the city


Friday night was my big night. I went as a nerd, which I've actually been doing for like 3 years, but I keep moving, so no one ever sees me and I can keep pulling the same thing, 'cause I'm lazy. (The photo here isn't actually this year’s, but the only difference is this year's had suspenders.) Normally I like to keep the costumes a secret, but after seeing nerd costumes in the store, and seeing another nerd at a party, I feel it is time to retire this one.

Anyway, I started at a coworker's party which was alright, but I'm not really that tight with many of my coworkers, and despite the fact that this was planned in the cube across from mine, there weren't more than a handful of coworkers there, so I didn't really feel the need to stay there too terribly long. That, and my friend Amy was throwing a party out in Brooklyn so I did some party hopping. Unfortunately, I've recent discovered that Verizon doesn't play well with other cell phone services, and long text messages get cut off. This was a particular problem on this evening because Amy texted me directions. To compound matters, she apparently left her cell phone in her room, so despite multiple attempts to get a hold her before I left, I was unsuccessful.

This sort of ended up being a mistake, because by the time I got to Brooklyn, she still had not gotten the messages and it was raining harder. However, being the determined I guy I am, I tried to see if I could remember it on my own since I had been there once before. Of course then it was sunny, and Friday was night and raining. So I ended up walking around in Williamsburg for like and hour and was almost back to the subway when Amy finally called me back. Thankfully she lives close enough to the subway, and I was already soaked, so another 5 minutes in the rain really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference. Of course when I got there my vindictive side came out and I gave her a big hug in my soaked jacket. Anyway, good times ensued, and I got very pleasantly drunk.

The only bad part was the ND was playing a NOON game, which is just way too early if you don't go to bed until almost 5 am. It was nice to see ND actually win convincingly for once though. I've had enough of these 4th quarter comebacks for a while.

Saturday I did a bit of bar hoping. The highlight was probably a guy dressed as Borat in a thong definitely trying to get in a threesome.

Sunday I went to The Knitting Factory to check out my friend's band Tip the Van at the 3 floors of ska show. It was good times. They put on a good set including a ska version of "Such Great Heights." I saw Big D and the Kids Table who I'd seen before, and they put on a good set too as usual. I also wanted to see The Toasters but as I was 45 minute local train ride away from my apartment, and it was 11:15 I decided it was time to go home. This whole job thing really puts a cramp in the social life.

Anyway, tonight, there is nothing to report. I didn't get any trick or treat-ors at my apartment, so now I have a bag of Milky Way minis I'm desperately trying to avoid eating in one sitting. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the looks of the costume..it didn't seem like you had to do much to pull off a nerd.

But what I am talking about?

I am a complete geek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home