Sunday, August 13, 2006

What a beautiful day for an 'Ah shit.'

So, with the weather being gorgeous, all of my errands taken care of, and the fact that my doctor says I need to do some more aerobic activity, I decided to go for a bike ride. I started at my apartment, biked down Riverside Park to Battery Park. The bike path ended there so I went back up to the Word Financial Plaza for a Starbucks break. After my break, I started back North. With my legs getting tried and home approaching, around the 16th mile, I ran into some hills that required actual gear changes. Unfortunately my 10ish year old bike did some interested in shifting and all of a sudden I heard a crunch beneath me. I stop and take a look down, and see my gearshift through the spokes of my bike, on the opposite that it should be. Oh this isn't good. The real cool part about this is I just bought myself a bike helmet a couple of weeks ago so I could go do some biking. Apparently it will be time to invest in a new bike as well. I also must add the I popped my back tire as I was dragging my back home, since I didn't really have the energy to carry my bike the last 15 blocks home. *sigh*

I've discovered that I'm getting older. Getting older may be inevitable for most people, but I've been doing what I can to stubbornly resist. Anyway, you may be wondering how I've discovered this. It has to do with the fact that 6 hours of sleep 5 nights a week is no longer sufficient. I'm dragging all day long at work with only 6 hours. However last week I did the intelligent thing and went to bed early in order to get myself 7 hours, and I was on my game all day long. *sigh* I don't wanna grow up.

Yesterday was my first shoe shopping experience in the city. I needed some good walking shoes so my feet don’t hate me when I walk around the city all day. In the suburbs, you go to your store of choice, and they have all the shoes there, and you can try them on, and figure out what size you are, and not have to ever talk to anyone. It’s very nice. In the city however, you have a wall of shoes, and you have to point at what you want (with prices listed only like half the time) and talk to a sales person and have them run in the back and get shoes for you to try on. I don't like this system. But I suppose I did end up buying some DAMN comfortable shoes I otherwise wouldn’t have looked at.

Ok, I'm ready for my nap now.

1 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

Sorry to hear about your bike. I recommend Trek for your new bike. Either road or hybrid. I love my bike (it's pink ;). Also invest in a small repair kit. You never know when it may come in handy.

I have had a couple of near misses with animals (deer and rabbits) and kids more than vehicles and will always wear a helmet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home