Saturday, August 12, 2006

Non-committal wine.

So I have this bottle of wine. I am entirely capable of drinking this by myself, but I'd prefer not to. True, I could just go buy a stopper & vacuum set, and drink half the bottle, and save the rest for later, but said stopper would make an excellent Christmas gift, and is also easy to transport in a suitcase. These are the things I'll have to keep in mind as long as my parents are living in Canada. At any rate, this bottle needs to be drunk, and ideally would be shared with another person. Along with said sharing would be a meal. Of course, this is the sort of thing one does with a girlfriend, and I'm still the better part of a year way from even considering going on a date that is not explicitly stated as being "friends" only. I could just make myself a meal that I eat two days in a row, but that's just not satisfying. I find wine to be something that is much better when enjoyed with company. Unfortunately, I am not at the point with the new friends I have created to say "come over, I'll cook a meal, and we can split a bottle of wine." If I had a way of storing said wine, this wouldn't be that big of an issue, unfortunately NYC apartments frequently don’t come with wine cellars. Alas!

In other news, I recently started watching "Dead Like Me." It's an enjoyable show. The main character is a little reminiscent of "Daria," which I would argue is the best show MTV ever made, but I'd be willing to hear other arguments. (If you're even thinking of saying Real World to counter of this, you will be shot on sight.) Anyway, I think "Dead Like Me" could end up being my favorite syndicated show. Time will tell.

This Monday I had two different phone calls offering me jobs. Um thanks. Where the hell are you getting my resume from? I haven’t even been to a job site since like February. I thought they showed potential employers like last log in date? Or perhaps the fact that my résumé mysteriously stops at the end of last year? Whatever. It's good to know in the future it looks like I'll have some options. Maybe I should finally get around to studying for the next actuarial exam.

Sports: Ok, the Red Sox are officially done. After starting catcher and captain goes on the DL for 6 weeks, our back proceeds to hurt his ankle and is out for at least a week himself. Nothing against Javy Lopez, but it takes time to work with a staff and get to know them and how they operate. That, and um, yeah, we just got swept by the Royals.

5 Comments:

At 8/12/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I LOVED daria...I just may have to check out this dead like me show...hmmm...

 
At 8/13/2006 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead Like Me is one of my favorite shows--I didn't know they were syndicating it!!! What channel? I have season 1 on DVD but haven't gotten around to buying Season 2 yet.

My co-worker Dana calls me Daria and says she thinks the show's creator met me at some point and based the show on me.

 
At 8/13/2006 5:18 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

The Sci-Fi Channel!

 
At 8/13/2006 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree that Daria was the best MTV show ever.. they need to release it on DVD or something.

Love,
your former roomie

 
At 8/13/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger Kris said...

nd- Sci-fi channel rocks. You should watch it more often.

Btw..the Royals swept the Sox because its karma for dissing the Indians. GO BROWNS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home