Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Long Days and Sports

I had to stay a little late at work today. Something I'll probably have to start doing a lot for the next two months. Not that this is such a bad thing. One of the only advantages of having a job title of "Ass. Prod." is that I get paid for overtime. It's still a little weird though, when everyone around you has gone home, and the only people walking in the hallways are the shady custodians. Mind you I'm not calling all custodians shady, just the one's that seem to work the night shifts. The daytime custodians seem like perfectly normal people.

I watched the Sox/Indians game last night. (This is gloating alert.) Its good to see the Sox can at least beat crappy teams like the Indians. It was a fun game to watch too. Back and forth for the beginning, and solid middle relief. I hope Snyder pitches like that the rest of the season. Cleveland is capable of hitting the ball and he shut them down, which was good to see. With Wakefield out, Clement still a head case, and Wells 3 inconsistent starts away from the DL again, we could use someone who could be a 5th starter and eat up 5 innings. It's not that I don’t have faith in Ortiz to hit walk off home run's every night, its just that eventually the law of averages will have to play in, and the Yankees (much to my chagrin) made some good deadline deals while we did a whole lot of nothing.

I was alerted to a new rule in college football to shorten games. Hey assholes at the NCAA, why don't you do something like limit commercials or the lengths of commercial breaks. That’s why the games last 4 hours! (The most egregious offender being NBC, and domers you KNOW what I'm talking about). I generally support the NCAA's rules governing athletes, but when they don't take care of the OBVIOUS problem that just happens to line their own pocket books, my support starts to fade.

2 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

I agree about the shortening of games. It's not the games that last a while, it's all the wait time while you're waiting for hte commercials to be over.

GO Yankees! Sorry couldn't resist!

 
At 8/02/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Kris said...

GO YANKEES!

And as a fan of the crappy Indians team. I do recall seeing your pitcher David Wellls looking fat, and out of shape but inconsistent too. Although Cleveland has no real big name players on their player roster, and we have a lot of work to do...I do remember us kicking your asses in at least one game of the series.

I mean if you had been at least as good as some other teams, like maybe the White Sox. Perhaps you could of swept our crappy team in the series?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home