Saturday, August 05, 2006

Not awake enough to think of a title

But g it's 11:30? Yeah, well, when I say I'm not a morning person I really mean it.

Yesterday, I got a call from my friend Krista yesterday saying that she would be in town for the night and that they would be going out somewhere. Of course I accepted said invitation. We started at some shady Irish Pub that I think was originally chosen because the under 21 members of the group could get in. We had a drink here, but then a group of people very interested in grinding on each other (uh, pretty much right next to us) decided to show up, and as the under 21 members of our party had left, we decided to find another bar. We went to another significantly less shady Irish pub and had a few drinks and hung out. I left around 1:20 or so since my friend was falling asleep, and I was kind of tired myself since I'm not smart enough to get the sleep I should during the week.

Anyway, with it being the weekend, and I not in a particular hurry to get home, I decided to subway it home. Unfortunately as I got into the station the A train was just pulling away. grrr. OK, so there’s a 20-minute wait. Well, once one finally arrived, I take my seat and decide to doze a little since the late night train is local and I'm 140 blocks from my stop. I wake up occasionally and see I'm still not where I need to be yet. Well, apparently one of these naps when longer than I expected, and I woke up just as we were pulling away from the 190th St. station. Ah shit, I don't live this far north. I get off at the next stop (200th) and debate walking home 30 blocks, or potentially waiting 20 minutes for the next train, but thankfully luck was on my side. This station thankfully allows one to cross from the uptown track to the downtown track without leaving the station (its like they’re designed to help drunk idiots like me!), and I heard another train start to approach the station. I run over to the other side and make the train a few seconds to spare. So yeah, that added a good 20 minutes to the ride home. Fun times.

My parents are in town this weekend, so I'm going to knock a lot of the NY tourist things of my list, and have my parents pay for everything:-) Also, for future reference, you need to by tickets to see the statue of liberty at least 48 hours ahead of time, just in case you were wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home