Monday, August 07, 2006

Catsup blog

I've been meaning to review Clerks II for a few days but I'm a little absent minded so it ended up not happening until now. Anyway, this film was f-ing hilarious. Any film that tackles that major issues like ass to mouth and bestiality gets an A in my book. While nothing can compete with the original genius of Clerks, Clerks II does it justice. Of course, one could argue that I have a slight man-crush on Kevin Smith, so I suppose my opinion might be slightly biased. Anyway, I'm still buying this as soon as it comes out on DVD.

As previously mentioned, my parents were in town this weekend. I got a lot of the "touristy" things done this weekend. Went on one of the city bus tours. That was nice since we did the downtown loop, which is a part of the city I almost never go to. It was good to get to know that part of the city a little bit, but the tour guides kinda sucked, and we hopped on and off a few times so we saw/heard a few of them. The guides we had when we visited DC were a helluva lot better.

I learned that if I want cheap shady shit, I need to go to China town. *mental note* While there, my Mom saw a shawl she liked for $5, and she was like, what the hell, can' beat that price. The first thing she asked was "Is there tax?" The guy selling laughed a little. I laughed a lot. Apparently in Canada even the shady vendors apply sales tax, either that or my Mom doesn’t visit those shady areas quite as often as I tend to do. Of course my whole neighborhood is a little on the shady side, so maybe I'm just used to it now.

My Dad very much wanted to see the WTC site, despite me telling him "it's a concrete slab." We walked all the way around it so he got multiple views and a chance to see the building they have in mind.

At night we went to a restaurant called Josephina that I walk by almost every day on the way to work, and I really wanted to go to. It was good, and it was nice to site in some decent air conditioning, particularly after running home, changing and running back down to the West Side. (#$#@#4 weekend trains).

Coming home from dinner there was a woman carrying a Conway and a Victoria's secret bag. An interesting combination.

Sunday the parents come over to check my digs, and then we headed to the Met. for a while. We spent most of our time checking the "Art of the Mayan Kings" (or something like that) exhibit. That was kinda nifty. I'm not really a big art person, but that definitely qualifies as a good activity for parents being in town. After the Met I discovered myself on the East Side, which is another part of the city I pretty much don’t know at all. Most of the time I'm over there, I'm going east west, and we needed to go south. This prompted a call to Kat since I couldn't remember where the 4,5,6 trains were without a map. We went down to Pier 17 and relaxed and had a drink before going back up to Times Square to change into decent dinner clothes. We went to a place called Tony Di______ in Times Square. It had a good atmosphere and good food, but was really loud, which kinda took away form the meal. OF course I got leftovers so I'm not complaining that much.

So yeah, that was the weekend in a nutshell. Good times.

4 Comments:

At 8/08/2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New to your blog: are you from Canada?

 
At 8/08/2006 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Conway?

 
At 8/09/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Ha ha, yeah, you gotta remember that most of your readership doesn't suffer from East of the Hudson syndrome ;-)

 
At 8/10/2006 10:49 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

anonymous: no, but my parents moved there last summer.

Conway is kind of a ghetto store in NYC, but it's dirt cheap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home