Monday, July 24, 2006

Cold shower

So, I went to the ND picnic Saturday night. It was a bit rainy for a while, but it eventually cleared up and good times seemed to be had by all. Now thankfully I can go to a few more ND events in the city and recognize a few people. I think one of the most important things I learned was the acquiring a keg in the city is exceeding difficult. The ND club pulled off ('cause they got connections), but it is not an easy task. Granted I'm not planning on throwing any keg parties in the near future, but that's just the near future, or for at least as long as I'm living in my current apartment.

Anyway, Sunday was pretty much a wasted day since I didn't get out of bed until 5 (um, in Queens). Anyway, around 1 Sunday night/Monday morning I decided it was time to wash the 2 days of filth off of myself. I start by turning on the hot water first since it usually takes some time to warms up. Anyway, as I turn it on a few drops come out of the shower head, along with a few gurgles, but then.......nothing. Shit. Let's try the faucet for the hell of it. Yup, same thing. Hmmm....it's 1 am and I'm standing in my underwear. I think I'll just suck it up tonight and do the cold shower since I don't feel like getting dressed and waking up the super at this time and have to deal with his broken English. Needless to say, that wasn't fun, but I didn't feel the need to have the air conditioner on quite as high last night.

Anyway, I wake up in the morning and hope that its fixed. There's been evidence of the water being turned off and on while I've been at work, so I didn’t think it was much of long shot to actually happen. Unfortunately no, still no hot water, so we do the cold shave, which is also crappy, but far more tolerable than a cold shower. (Note that is cold and not cool.) On the way out the building I stop at the super's apartment to inform of the problem, and ever so conveniently, he's not there. I called my roommate who's actually smart enough to keep the super's number in a logical location, and thankfully the problem was fixed by the time I got home, but still. grrrrrrr. Now if only he would fix the toilet and install the smoke detector...

7 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Install the smoke detector. Its called a hammer. =P

And if you can't find a battery for it, take it out of the vibrator you been talking about in the other post.

 
At 7/27/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

We have at least 2, if not 3 hammers in the apartment, however that does not negate the fact that we do not have a means to reach our celing. :-p

 
At 7/27/2006 11:35 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Its called a chair. You can stand on it as well as sit.

Or find someone tall to do it. =P

 
At 7/28/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

no, our ceilings are too high for that, unless you happen to be like 6'5" which neither my roommate nor I am.

 
At 7/29/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Its called a ladder..hello!

 
At 7/30/2006 1:07 AM, Blogger ndheathen said...

...which is why we need the super!

 
At 7/30/2006 10:56 PM, Blogger Scott said...

What are these hurdles that need to be jumped to get a keg? Is it a problem of availability?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home