Sunday, July 30, 2006

98, 99, 100. Ready or not, here I come!

Well, This is my 100th post, so you all know what that means.

1. If you ask me a direct question about myself, I will almost always answer it.
2. I abhor telling anyone anything about myself if they don’t ask me a specific question.
3. Prior to last year, I had never broken a bone.
4. I broke someone’s collarbone when I played JV hockey in high school, so I guess karma finally caught up to me.
5. All through college I thought karaoke was completely lame.
6. Now I love it.
7. In high school, my goal was to lose my virginity before I was 16.
8. I was finally successful in the second semester of my freshman year of college, when I was about 2 months shy of my 19th birthday.
9. I worked at Victoria’s Secret for a month as a stock boy.
10. I am a very independent person.
11. That probably has a lot do with why I’m single, and why I usually try to keep myself that way.
12. I am doing absolutely nothing with my college degree in my current job.
13. For the moment, I’m ok with that.
14. I hate getting emotionally close to people
15. I like having a large group of friends so there is always someone I can hang out with.
16. I probably drink a little bit more than I should.
17. I have been to 12 countries (not including the US)
18. I have never been to the following states: New Hampshire, Delaware, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii.
19. I love to drive.
20. However, I do not miss having a car now that I live in the city.
21. I think organized religion is obsolete.
22. I suffer under the delusion that I am an athlete.
23. I hate talking on the phone.
24. At the moment, I am working out (semi) regularly.
25. My dad did everything within his power to raise me as a Yankees fan.
26. I’m a huge Red Sox fan.
27. I feel that by going to a Catholic college where people actually legitimately followed the religion, I missed out on a lot of the sexual opportunities other people get in college.
28. Given the choice, I’d probably still go there knowing what I know now.
29. I choose my battles very carefully.
30. I am not a very detail oriented person.
31. I have the artistic skills of a 4 year old.
32. I have the handwriting of a 2nd grader.
33. I love wearing sunglasses, and try to have the right color for the right weather.
34. At the moment, I only own blue sunglasses.
35. In many ways, I am a feminist.
36. I still think misogynist, racist, and other derogatory jokes are hilarious.
37. I am a very patient individual.
38. I have only been in love once.
39. The longest relationship of my life is only about 3 months.
40. I have hierarchy of the physical features I am most attracted to (hair, eyes, etc.)
41. Rarely does it ever factor in when I’m deciding who I date/hook up with.
42. I am not a politically correct individual.
43. I enjoy offending people.
44. I am the last person on the face of the earth you ever want to go to for sympathy.
45. I’ve smoked pot 3 times.
46. I only got high the first time.
47. I try to limit my vices to alcohol and women.
48. I love to travel.
49. I am at a point where I would only get into a relationship if I thought it had a chance of lasting a long time.
50. At this point, I also think it would be highly impractical for me to get into a relationship.
51. If I died tomorrow, I think I would be content with my life.
52. I have never met anyone famous.
53. I relish the opportunity to experience new things.
54. The aforementioned hatred of talking about myself is kicking in right now.
55. In high school, I had very bad acne.
56. Because of kickass medication, you can’t tell now.
57. I have kissed another male, and let him give me head.
58. I now know for sure that guys don’t do it for me.
59. I love being naked.
60. I feel naked if I don’t have a watch on.
61. I tend to be very thrifty.
62. Everyone once in a while I will splurge on something.
63. I wish I were still a college student.
64. I am a night owl.
65. I have a tendency to be a little arrogant.
66. I love to talk smack.
67. If I’m not making 6 figures by the time I’m 30, I will be very disappointed with myself.
68. In case you couldn’t tell from the previous statement, I am very career driven.
69. Several of the people I’ve met in the city think I’m a college student.
70. I don’t think this is a bad thing.
71. I hate getting dressed up.
72. I own my own tuxedo.
73. I’m a huge sports fan.
74. I’m also quite passionate about music.
75. I’m a rock kid at heart.
76. I have a guitar, but rarely play it.
77. I love to sing.
78. I can’t run for fun.
79. If I’m playing lacrosse or soccer, I can run all day.
80. I think there needs to be a Kleenex box in every room of one’s house/apartment.
81. I have a similar feeling on clocks.
82. I’m completely full of shit.
83. Yet I try to be as honest as possible.
84. Now that I’m this far into this, I’ve discovered I have a difficult time coming up with two thoughts in a row that aren’t related to each other.
85. While not fluent, I know enough French to get by should I go visit France again.
86. I rarely snack.
87. Politically, I tend to be conservative.
88. I’m pretty liberal about almost anything else.
89. I think head is absolutely necessary before sex.
90. I am a firm believer that all favors should be returned.
91. I think at heart, I’m really a romantic.
92. I will always try to act like a tough guy.
93. I am a horrible enabler.
94. I’d rather have the windows open than have the AC on.
95. I am a cold weather person.
96. I fell like the only person in the city that will actually wear shorts when they go out to a bar.
97. I used to have a thing for medieval weaponry
98. I think I’m part of the .1% of New York that doesn’t own an iPod or something equivalent.
99. I’m honestly trying to hold out for a free one from work.
100. I’m really glad this is only done for the 100th post.

10 Comments:

At 7/30/2006 10:17 PM, Blogger dani said...

i don't think i really learned anything new about you in this post (although i wonder if that's the point?) but it did make me smile. i miss you. =)

 
At 7/30/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Scott said...

about the guy who gave you head in #57, did you return the favor as indicated in #90?

 
At 7/31/2006 12:48 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Scott-Lol

Nd- I am past my 250th post, and I never did this for my 100th..too much blackmail material

 
At 7/31/2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

36. I still think misogynist, racist, and other derogatory jokes are hilarious.
I totally agree. I am completely un-offendable when it comes to jokes.


57. I have kissed another male, and let him give me head.
I'm not sure what's more shocking about this- that you did it or that you wrote it on your blog. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

89. I think head is absolutely necessary before sex.
I totally agree.

90. I am a firm believer that all favors should be returned.
God bless you, ND. God bless you.

 
At 7/31/2006 11:16 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

The male favor was not returned.

Sue Ellen, that's a story that most of the people that read this either A)already know about me, or B)aren't all that surprised by.

Also, while I'm not always perfect about it, I try to be open about wild and crazy shit I do. I think everyone should experiment and not be embarrased by it.

 
At 7/31/2006 11:46 PM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Well that's good then that you are open; I don't know a lot of people who can say that.

 
At 8/03/2006 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with most of the things you think about yourself. And I wasn't surprised by a single one...mostly because I got into the habit of asking direct questions...and when you're drunk, you're quite straightforward!

 
At 8/03/2006 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

edit...I agree that most of the thing you think about yourself describe yourself well...though I do disagree with you on occasion...

holy bat-burger, I'm spamming you.

 
At 8/08/2006 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's rad that you included #57. There's no point in having a blog if you don't venture out of your comfort zone a little.

 
At 8/08/2006 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a gay guy, you torture me with 57, 58, and 59.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home