Thursday, August 03, 2006

After midnight blog, you know i'm not sober:-)

I have to start with sports. Losing Vartitek is awful for the Sox. He may have been having a down offensive year, but he knows what to do with the pitching staff. It's not that I don't have faith in Mirabelli, who is an excellent defensive catcher, but he hasn't played every day, in possibly ever. Calling up our AAA catcher, who was batting a whopping .207 in AAA, is far from sufficient. Theo, if your long-term plan doesn't work, I will kill you.

Before I bare my sole, lets go with a fun thought. Beer pong on the company tab, f-ing rules!

Ok, now for serious shit. Growing up (as much as it pains me) has definitely made me realize a few things about myself. As I was out on the company tab, a certain realization occurred to me. First of all, I can't deal with completely corporate girls. While I certainly know that I belong in the corporate world, I could never date a corporate girl. It has also allowed me to realize that the one person I ever fell in love with was not someone that was purely corporate. She struck the hybrid crazy artistic (we all know she really wants to write) and secure job (i.e. corporation) that fits perfectly with me. It also helps me realize why most of my new friends are actresses/actors, since I find them far more entertaining/interesting than corporate people, who, at least in my company, seem petrified of letting anyone know they may take a few risks and actually enjoy life every now and then.

6 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger Kris said...

*clears throat* uhmm..Indians won.

I feel the same about corporate/superficial sort of people. Its nice to surround yourself people who are not afraid to be real and laugh.

 
At 8/03/2006 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that it's neccessary (sp?) to strike a balance with the whole corporate/open thing. When at work, you can joke, play around, but there's a point that shouldn't be crossed....but being out of the office with office people, being yourself, in all actuallity is best.

 
At 8/04/2006 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the bottom line is that fully corporate women are really f**king boring.

And that girl you were in love with was a skank, anyway.

 
At 8/05/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Self depricating humor is always funny.

 
At 8/05/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

bare your sole?!

why would we want to look at your stinky feet, anyway?!

or fish?!?!

silly horny bastard ;-)

 
At 8/06/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Sure make fun of the drunk kid who has a snowball's chance in hell of spelling correctly. Spell check doesn't ask "are you drunk, and are you sure this is what you really mean?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home