Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Foot amputations $1

I think the arch in my left foot has collapsed. This is a problem I've had since I was a kid, but I had never really been sure of the problem, I could just always push on whatever lump there was on the bottom of my foot, and it got fixed (with vary degrees of pain). So, Sunday I wake up and there is the lump on the bottom of my foot. Grr. I try pushing it back in, but its incredibly stubborn/painful so I said meh, and go out and do some shopping for lights I need in my room (the result of this trip was my buy a bike helmet...). I decided to this because usually after walking for a while it goes away, however this seems to be the case on this day. IT does seem better by the end of the day so I hope it fixes itself when I go to bed.

I wake up Monday, and it has not gotten any better. I try to walk it off again with the day's general activities, but it doesn't even improve during the day. Despite the pain in my foot, I try working out. Oddly enough this is the high point of the day as far as minimal pain. This probably has to do with the adrenaline I had in my system, along with the sneakers I was wearing which have some arch support, unlike the sandals I was wearing all day. Because of the obscene temperature and the fact I don’t feel like moving I decide to go to bed early (midnight). (Side note, it's so f-ing hot that while the air coming out of my air conditioner is cold, it is warm by the time it reaches me on my bed. grrr....) I get about 2 hours of sleep before the pain in my foot is too much to take. I dig around a closet and find an ace bandage to try and wrap around my foot to try and pull things back up into place. (Thankfully my roommate likes to be prepared to a nuclear holocaust and has shit like this lying around, while I wouldn’t even consider purchasing a Band-Aid unless I was already bleeding profusely.) This helps, but I need to readjust it every two hours to get circulation i my toes, making for a less than stellar night's sleep (yeah that whole going to be early thing is right out the window).

So today I wear real shoes for some arch support, but the pain doesn't really go away. I also0 discover that I have another 3 hour meeting I have to attend tomorrow, and I'm probably not going to get a good night sleep again. (At least this time I'll have the sense not to go out the night before.) Does anyone else love the irony that this happens like 5 days AFTER my physical? $#%#$@%#$@%@#$%. Oddly enough without my shoes on now, my feet feel the best they've felt in 3 days. Meh, I'll probably call the doctor tomorrow if it still hurts, unless I can find a way it fix this by myself tonight.

Music: BNL = "Brian Wilson," Billy Squeir - "Lonely is the Night," Black Crowes - "Twice as Hard," Bob Segar - "Fire Down Below"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home