Monday, July 10, 2006

A week off

Ok, so it's not really a week off, but instead of going to the theater right after work and not getting home until 1 or later, I actually come home after work and follow my "regular" routine. Unless specifically invited, I don't think I'll be going out this week. I kinda just want to chill and watch TV and just generally waste time.

Some final thoughts on the World Cup. I was rooting for the French in the final. My logic for rooting for them that since I made a meager effort to learn French in high school and college, that I guess I would root for them. That all changed after Zidane decided that he just wanted to kick the shit of the Italians. Then I decided the French were too dirty, and to root for the Italians since the teams I really cared about were done anyway. (Of course, I suppose the Italians were a little dirty too, but whatever, I'm living in the moment, and not the past for this one.) Though I must say, I think this is the first time since Napoleon that anyone French actually went out and kicked some ass instead of just lying down and surrendering, so I suppose that is something.

3 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 2:48 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Nice animation graphic...yah Zidane really messed it up for himself with that stunt.

 
At 7/11/2006 6:15 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

yup, that sounds like the French

 
At 7/15/2006 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rooted for Italy because my boyfriend is Italian. Is that a stupid reason?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home