Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I think I need to stop supporting ND

No, really, I have a good reason for this. I'm starting to think I'm bad luck. Here's the list of things I've attended since graduation:

October 2nd 2004/Football: L to Purdue 41-16
October 16th 2004/Football: W @ Navy (Meadowlands) 27-9
September 3rd 2005/Football: W @ Pitt 42-21
February 22nd 2006/MBBall: L @ UConn 75-74
March 4th 2006/WBBall: W vs. S. Florida (Big East Tourney) 73-66
March 5th 2006/WBball: L vs UConn (Big East Tourney)71-60
September 30th 2006/Football: W vs. Purdue 35-21
January 3rd 2007/Football: L vs. LSU (Sugar Bowl) 41-14
January 23rd 2007/MBBall: L @ St. John's 71-68

OK, looking at it all written down, it doesn't look completely horrible (4-5), but still that's a pretty lousy record considering that all of those teams have records considerably over .500 for the given time frame. Maybe I'm overreacting because the last two events I went to we lost.

Speaking of which, getting your starting point guard kicked out of school for possession of marijuana really fucks the team. Don't get me wrong, I like the punishment (though it does seem a little heavy handed), and I'm really glad we set the bar higher than many other schools (see Uconn, laptops). Torry Jackson definitely has some talent, but he definitely makes a lot of freshman mistakes. But still, we lost to St. Johns. They suck. I understand Big East road wins are had to come by, but this was a gimme. Unfortunately, I think ND had this mentality going into the game, and consequently half assed it for the first half before Brey kicked everyone's ass in the locker room and they showed up in the second half. Damn, at least my seats kicked butt.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2007 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The punishment does seem pretty harsh, but that's ND. But McAlarney's whining that he's being held to a higher standard and being punished more than any other student is just bs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home