Monday, January 01, 2007

Your government at work

So I got my social security statement the other day, which was mailed to my East Hartford address, but lets ignore the fact that I've lived in NYC for 9 months now. Anyway it said I have 19 of the 40 credits i need to start receiving social security. Now, I'm 24, and have had some sort of job 8 years. Assuming I maintain some sort of employment for the next nine years, and assuming I continue to collect credits at the current rate, I'll be able to start receiving social security when I'm 33. Rock on. Maybe I'll be a millionaire by then too....

In other news I finally got off my lazy ass and networked the computers in my apartment. Now I have to wait 2 hours while all my mp3's transfer to my laptop.

The motivating factor for this was that I finally joined the ranks of the ipod users. I still don't think I'll ever be a real New Yorker, but I have a feeling this might be a step in that direction.


Anyway, I have new year's story I will share when I get back from New Orleans. I might have New Orleans stories too, but I might drink those memories away as well. We'll see. Anyway, here's a picture on the way I did a Times Square new years, 20 floors up.

Just for fun, some 2006 news oddities.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home