Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Mom is not fashionable enough for NY

So, I suppose it's a good thing that she doesn't live here. So my Mom, who likes to through us a bone and come up with a good list of things that work as Christmas presents (please add sarcasm to that), pretty much only asked for one thing for Christmas, when I finally asked her specifically what she wanted. Now she told me I could order it online, which is all good and well, except that I leave for Canada on the 22nd, so I kinda need to rush delivery things at this point. Anyway, all she wanted was a simple turtleneck. Unfortunately, in NYC all you can buy is cashmere sweater turtlenecks, which isn't what she wants. I have nothing against ordering things online, but something like clothes I like to see in person, so I can at least eyeball it and say "Yes this will work", or just randomly choose an unsuspecting victim in the store who is close in size to the person I'm buying for. Oh well.

In other news, I have the worst cold ever. This thing is completely kicking my ass. I rarely get sick, and when I do, it's usually just a mild cold. My Cold-Eeze, which I will swear by, has done nothing. I've tried having spicy foods with meal to clear up the sinuses for at least a few minutes, and even that didn't have any effect. I've slept a lot, eaten well, even convinced myself to work out on a Sunday (which never happens), and none of this has done anything. Now, very slowly it does seem to be improving, but it seems like it will be several more days before I'm 100%.

Finally, I have bowed to peer pressure, and I am now going to the Sugar Bowl with Jim, and possibly Rory. All other Domers are welcome to attend. As of right now I don't have game tickets. I'm not sure if I'll get them or not, but I've never been to New Orleans, so for a worst case scenerio, we'll just go to party.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12/18/2006 7:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

so, you should check out Express. I think that, in addition to the ribbed turtleneck, they have a plain, jersey-knit one...and they're not too expensive.

 
At 12/20/2006 7:31 PM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

A simple turtleneck? This is the easiest woman to buy for in the universe. Just be glad you are not me. My mom wanted "some fun tops that will work for work or evening."

I'd recommend Banana Republic myself. Moms are too old for Express, although if it were your girlfriend, that would be an excellent choice. Ann Taylor or Talbots are also good for moms. If you mom is stylish, Ann Taylor. If she's a conservative librarian type, Talbots. Nordstrom's "Narrative" department is outstanding for moms.

 
At 12/20/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Yeah, my mom likes simple things. Unfortunately, sometimes it gets too simple and I feel like I'm getting her the same shit over and over.

 
At 12/29/2006 6:13 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

New Otleans is a fun city! We were there before it went underwater, however. Make sure you check out the French Quarter and Cafe du Monde...best binets (sp?) ever!

Bourbon Street, any night of the week, is Mardi Gras central. I'm sure you'll find something to do. ;-)

-Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home