Monday, January 22, 2007

Get Random

So I'm wasting my day on Saturday (like I do most Saturdays) when I get this call from this girl who claims to "Amy." Now, I have 2 Amy's in my phone, and she wasn't either of them, and while I certainly have had plenty of drunken nights where details are a little fuzzy over the past few weeks, none of them were in situations where I was meeting new people. She goes on to mention something about my Aunt, and there was some more "blah blah blah" before I stop her and say "how did you get my number again?" Apparently, my aunt in Florida is friends with this girls mother, and my number got passed around.

Apparently there was supposed to some sort of warning that this call was coming, which I sure as hell didn't get. Anyway, she said she'd call back some other time since I had plans that evening, but given my "who the fuck are you" response I doubt it. I'm fine with this. The last thing I need is the aunt who perpetually thinks I'm 4 years old trying to set me up with someone. You'd think she'd take the hint that I don't really want anything to do with her with the minimal amount I have any contact with her (2 thank-you e-mails for Christmas and birthday, and obligatory calls on holidays with the fam).

Sorry, that turned into rant. In other news I went to bed at 5am Sunday and woke up at 3 in the afternoon. I'm hoping I can get some semblence of a sleep pattern back tonight.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/23/2007 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Give the girl a break, she's probably new in town. And who knows, she might be hot.

Just sayin'.

 
At 1/24/2007 10:22 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Well I won't shun her if she calls me back. This really has more to do with the fact that I don't like my aunt, and this could potentially give her a reason to try and talk to me, which I don't want to happen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home