Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm alive, really, I swear it.

So for those of you who think I stopped blogging for the new year, sorry, I'm lazy. I've been busy too, but not so busy I can't post, really just more lazy.

Story 1)
So I sort of did the Times Square thing for new year's, except that I was in an office on Times Square 20 floors up, which is way cooler, and way nicer. Anyway, it was a cool party and all, and after the ball dropped, well, I was out of alcohol, and didn't see much reason to stay much longer since I had do a little work New Year's day (the downside of working on something that visible 24/7). Anyway, when I got to the door to exit, I discovered that someone else was trying to leave as well. Unfortunately the door was locked. Now, the lock was on the inside of the door, unfortunately it was no longer functioning, meaning everyone at the party was locked into the office.

Thankfully this was a theater office, so they had some tools floating around. We tried screwing around with the door knob for a while, but eventually we came to the conclusion that there was no way that lock was going to get unlocked. With a hammer and a screwdriver we ended up removing the door pins, and then someone on the other side (the hallway was accessible by climbing in through the windows off the ledge surrounding the building of other offices throwing parties) kicked in the door. Good times. I had door grease I couldn't wash off my heads for like 3 days.

Story 2.
So, I'll start by apologizing for not having any pictures. I never remember my camera, and for those of you that know Jim, you know he isn't this sort to remember that sort of thing either. Anyway, I left Tuesday afternoon where my flight got delayed over an hour coming out of JFK. Why you ask? Well, JFK sucks. Consequently I missed my connecting flight in Charlotte, and there were no other flights leaving there from New Orleans. So I had to spend the night in Charlotte. Unfortunately since missing my flight was not the airline's fault, I had to pay for my own hotel room. Grr... They did at least get me on a 6 am flight out of Charlotte to Chicago, and there I connected with a flight that finally allowed me to reach my hotel by about 11 am. The flight from Chicago to NO was first class too, which was pretty nice. One of the many annoying this about this (other than spending a night in Charlotte, and getting only 4 hours of sleep) was that I discovered Jim had gone to bed around the time my flight was taking off for Chicago. So not cool. Anyway, NO was pretty sweet , except for the game. (I think Rhema McKnight will go down as my most hated Irish player ever.) New Orleans may be the only city that is dirtier than New York, which is both impressive and sad at the same time.

In other news I finally have business cards after being in my current position for almost a year. In fact I have 2 boxes of them. I can probably count the number of times on one hand that I've actually needed one over the past year. I think I'll just go out one night and hand them out to everyone just so I can feel there is a justification for having that many.

There are probably more things I forgot to say, but I'll try not to be such a space cadet. Now I just need to get caught up on reading everyone else's blogs.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right. You forget that some people are unemployed and spend their time reading blogs. And having looked at something about my government at work for a week, I'm getting sick of it. I worked for the government, bitches, and I KNOW how it works.

Hi, Garrett!

 
At 1/11/2007 11:33 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Business cards are for impressing the ladies whose phone numbers you want. Didn't you know that the only time you are handing them out, is when you are wanting to hook up. DUH!

And pretty fun about the door btw...everyone in the office blondes?

 
At 1/13/2007 10:07 AM, Blogger Hey Jo said...

You can drop the cards in the fishbowls at your favorite restaurants and wait for them to draw your name for a free lunch.

Welcome back, altho' I can't say I have been any better about posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home