Sunday, November 12, 2006

Your 'Backer Playlist

One of the perks of going to the ND game watches at McFadden’s is the DJ plays a lot of music reminiscent of the ‘Backer. Two such songs that were played last week were “Rains in Africa” and “Friends in Low Places.” This got me thinking about what would go on my ‘Backer playlist. Including the aforementioned songs, I think it would start something like this:

AC/DC – You Shook Me All Night Long
Usher – Yeah
Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a Prayer
Madonna – Like a Prayer
Guns ‘N’ Roses – Paradise City
Jimmy Buffet – Cheeseburger in Paradise (this one may be a bit questionable)
Michael Jackson – Billy Jean
Billy Joel – Only the Good Die Young

Unfortunately, most of the time I was at said establishment, I was pretty much plastered, so I don’t completely remember what I was listening to. What else do you all think needs to be on this list?

4 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta have Big and Rich "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" immediately followed by Garth Brooks "Baton Rouge"

 
At 11/13/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

And you can't forget...

You Never Even Call Me By My Name
~David Allan Coe

Margaritaville
~Jimmy Buffett

Proud to be an American
~Lee Greenwood

Hey Ya
~Outkast

Butterfly
~Crazy Town

Can't Get You Out of My Head
~Kylie Minogue

 
At 11/13/2006 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

During my time in South Bend 93-97, you would have had to add "December '63" (Oh What A Night).

 
At 11/13/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Good suggestions all! (Really this is a thinly veiled plot to see what my mp3 collection is missing.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home