Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It must be upgrade season

So, within the past few months, we've gotten IE 7.0, Firefox 2.0, AIM 6.0 beta, and there's a new blogger beta. The first 3 are also all bigger than the older versions of course, which combined with my mp3 downloading, is sucking up space on this 6 year old computer all too quickly. I have a feeling I may have either A) buy a new computer, or B) significantly upgrade mine with some new hardware...assuming it's still possible.

Anyway, for those of you who actually use AIM, and don't use something like trillian, I would recommend avoiding the new AIM. It's still pretty buggy, and in some ways seems to take away some of the things I used to be able to do with it. The old AIM is still more fluid to use, though the new version looks like it has some potential, when/if they clean it up.

IE 7.0 is a huge upgrade from 6.0. It's still not firefox, but from a development standpoint alone, it looks I'll have less BS to deal with when trying to write code that is happy in both IE and Firefox.

Other than that, nothing big is going on. Sorry to the CT peeps for the late notice of my trip, but it was good to see the few people I did at least. It's not like I had a whole lot of time to send there anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home