Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Free shoes

Things must be getting better. Two days of blogging in a row. And I left work at 7:15 today. ::sigh:: It's sad when the 9.5 hour day starts seeming short. I still haven't worked out in weeks, but at least I have a little relaxation time at the end of my day.

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but for the start of Monday Night Football, they let us wear t-shirts they handed out to us last week that said, "Is it Monday yet?" (If you're not a sports fan and/or don't watch the ESPN and you're confused, just pay attention to the t-shirt at the office part.) To me this obviously meant that we could also wear jeans and sneakers. There were like 6 people out of like 200 hundred that seemed to actually take the offer up to dress down. Very disappointing. Everyone seemed to say, "I forgot" or "I didn't know we could wear jeans." C'mon people, if they're going to let you wear a t-shirt, you should automatically assume you could push the envelope in what you can wear to the office. I hate corporate people.

Anyway, today I got free shoes from work. New Balance sneakers. I didn't get to try them on, but I did get to choose the size I wanted. How this happened, I'm not really sure, but I'm going to run with it since the shoes I'm currently using to work out (you know, when I used to have time for that sort of thing) are really on their last leg.

There's a chance I might even go out this week. Before the weekend. It's the little victories in life you need to look forward to.

Oh, because I'm a dork like that, and I know you all care, 2 out of my 6 fantasy teams won last week. Thankfully, one of these was in my money league. There real even though was having my friend call me from AFRICA to set his lineup for him since he doesn't get internet until, well today I guess. I guess he really want to defend his championship.

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Gotta love free perks at work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home