Thursday, September 14, 2006

Cater to your audience

OK, I'm going to talk about my free shoes some more since I don't really have anything important to talk about, and since most of my readers are female, and consequently won't be alienated by me talking about shoes. Since I got out of work at 6:30 today (that's right, an actual normal time to leave the office), I also had time to work out for the first time in 2 or 3 weeks. I decided that this would be a good time to bust out the new shows since the old ones have some respectable holes on the inner lining. Here is the link to them if anyone is really that curious. My limited searching turned up the retail price of these to be about $140. These are probably even nicer than the sneakers I bought for myself a few weeks ago. They're also about $100 more expensive than those that they're replacing. After using them, I think they're a bit wide for my foot, but I'm not going to complain too much, 'cause hey, they were free. (Gift, horse, mouth, what?)

In other news, Rory called me this evening saying there was a space in his car to AC if I could get to Philly by 2. Um, yeah, some of us have jobs that require us to show up, and give at least a little notice that we're not going to be there. That and my boss is on vacation this weekend, which means I kind of need to be around in case something breaks. A definite downside of being one of two technical people in the office.

Speaking of the AC, when I won some money the last time I was there, they gave me a $100 bill. I can't use this. I don’t spend that kind of money, unless I'm buying a monthly metro card, but those machines don’t accept $100s. I now need to find something to spend a lot of money on which is difficult because I'm cheap. It is entirely possible this will sit in my wallet for weeks, if not months. I hate carrying this much cash on me.

Anyway, I need to go to bed and let my body recover, because I am most definitely going to feel the effects of not working out for a few weeks tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm....yeah, about the large bill. Take it to the bank, your bank, if you have a branch near you, and get them to break it, or put half in your account and get the other half cashed...easy to do, and solves the problem of bills too large to use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home