Monday, September 11, 2006

I see the light?

Apologies for the disjointedness.

I think I may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for these past few shitty weeks at work. Granted, I still stayed until 10 tonight, but that may not have been necessary, it just nice to have a few hours where no one talks to you and you can get some actual work done. That, and if you have to spend a few late nights at the office, I'd rather do it on a Monday than on like a Thursday when one feels like weekend mindset sort of begins.

Anyway, this past weekend I went to a wedding, which was fantastic. I didn't know the people getting married, I was just the date, but it was a blast. The people there were all a lot of fun, and the DJ actually did a pretty good job. I needed a break like that more than I realized. (Shh don't tell, I actually had more fun at this wedding than the one where I at least knew one of the people getting married and a few of the guests ahead of time.) The previous weekend I almost felt like I wanted to cry after doing work for 6 hours Sunday morning and bringing my laptop a party that evening to check up on things. This Sunday had but a few minor glitches at 8:30, a big improvement.

So, anyway, getting back to the light. I thought I might have started seeing last week, but then it kept moving away from me. Now I'm not sure because we haven't been able to see more than about 3 days ahead of ourselves for a month, and the list of things we had to do seems to be ending, but we haven't updated in weeks, so we don't really know anymore. I'm pretty sure my boss in on the verge of quitting (his life has been even worse than mine), which would cause my life to go from "shitty" to "wow I'm fucked" should he decide to do so. I'm pretty sure it wouldn’t be a nice kind 2 weeks notice either, it would be more like a middle finger to the VP, I'm not going to show up any more type quit. The thought is entertaining, except that since the company moved me to the city, I'd have to pay back all of my moving expenses, which I have no interest in doing, so I'm willing to tough it out for a while. That, and being at the low end of the pay scale, I get paid for my overtime which my boss doesn't, so at least my bank account will thank me when this is all done.

Because I think things are lightening up, I'm going to start getting into work at 9 again. Maybe it's not a big deal to you, but an extra half hour of sleep in the morning sounds almost orgasmic to me. (Can you see how far down I am right now?)

More disjointed news.

One of the (elite few) things I miss about CT is getting to see the Pats on tv. I realized that this Sunday when I didn't care for any of the early games. (I watched anyway, but that was only because I was in desperate need of some veg time.)

I watched the first half of the ND game, and then had Kat text me updates for the second half. Clutch to say the least. ND's offense is wear I expect them to be, and their defense is better than I hoped (so far). Let's hope we keep this rolling next week.

I also need to apologize to everyone for not really reading blogs the past few weeks. I'll have a lot of catching up to do when my life starts to approach something sane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home