Saturday, September 02, 2006

Herpes and Drinking Games

Question: if you were hanging out someone at a bar who had/was recovering from cold sores, would you willingly offer that individual your drink, and then finish it after they tried it?

Anyway, since the softball field was apparently under water, we cancelled softball and just went to the bar where the beer pong started right up. Now we all know that drinking games such as cups and beer pong aren't exactly known for being completely sanitary. Despite the fact that I still frequently use the concept of "It's alcohol, it kills all the germs," I realize this far from the truth.

Now, the individual in my office who was recovering from the aforementioned cold sores went straight to the beer pong table. Now, as I was not part of the first games, but certainly known as a regular participant, I quickly started formulating excuses not to play should the individual with cold sores lose. Thankfully this ended up being a non issue since cups started up later on and I got to start with a nice clean cup before I was asked to play beer pong.

Now, those of you out there with more extensive knowledge on herpes than I, can it be contracted by simply sharing a glass?

In sports news, is baseball season over yet? The Red Sox have had one of their worst collapses of all time, and there is no way I built up that much bad karma for them by hating on the crappy Indians. But seriously at the all-star break we were in first place in the AL East. Suddenly, our bullpen when from veteran to old, and we brought up young guys who just aren't ready for the majors yet. Things looked grim after getting swept by the Royals. We were pretty much done after getting swept by the Yanks, and to rub a little salt in the wound, the Mariners swept us. We were 9-21 in August. On top of this Manny's knee is hurt, Papi has heart problems, and our good rookie pitcher Lester (who is 22) has been diagnosed with Lymphoma.

Sooo.......bring on college football!

Actually, I'm not as excited as a should be because I just put in almost a 60 hour week working on a college football program I'm sure you will hear advertised about every other commercial break during the college football season, so I haven't really had a chance to get that excited. Oh well. GO IRISH! BEAT YELLOW JACKETS!

2 Comments:

At 9/03/2006 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's definitely good that you didn't share a cup with cold sore guy... that's a really good way to get them yourself! Cold sores are caused by a virus... and very little will kill a virus.

 
At 9/06/2006 9:21 PM, Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Definitely don't drink out of the cup. Cold sores are very contageous and they itch and they hurt! Trust me I get them occassionally. THEY SUCK BIG TIME!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home