Monday, August 21, 2006

My Brain is Off

My brain was turned off today. I didn't realize it until late afternoon, but it suddenly become quite obvious to me. I had the first fantasy draft of the season with some coworkers ('cause I’m a sports freak like that) in the afternoon. I told a friend of mine that we'd meet up at 6:45 in front of the theater for "Chicago" tonight. I look at my analog watch in my coworker's apartment and at about "6:15" I head out to catch the subway. I get to the corner the theater is as and give me friend a call, since I didn't see the theater right away. She confirms the location and then says, "By the way, you realize you're way early." I take a look at my watch again, and yup, sure enough its 5:45. Good one.

So I decide to join up with her a little early. I walk to 9th and 43rd where she says she's at. I give her another call and ask her what restaurant. She gives me the name and says it’s between 43rd and 42nd, across the street from the Starbucks. Now, I must point out, I'm staring at a Starbucks, but my brain is off so clear thought patterns don't exist for me. I decide to start walking east. I'm a little confused why there is a Starbucks on every block, but then I'm like hey, this is actually pretty normal. (For those of you unfamiliar with the NYC layout the avenues such as 9th run north south while the streets such as 43thrd run east west.) So I walk east (uh, along 43rd) and get to just about 8th avenue when my brain finally puts all the pieces together, and I say, she said "between 43rd and 42nd, across the street form Starbucks." In other word, about 50 feet form where I was standing a block ago.

So yeah, the brain was off this evening, or as my friend Sarah put it, I was having a "special" day. I blame it on working yesterday. Yes I sat down and did actually work for the company yesterday, because this week is going to suck a whole lot and I didn't want work to kick my ass the much. That and one of the few advantages of being an Ass. Prod. is that I get paid hourly, and was making some good overtime for myself yesterday. However, my brain isn't used to having to function on the high a level on the weekend, and was subsequently broken this evening. Oh well, lets hope its back up and running tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 10:32 PM, Blogger princessoctober said...

I saw the link to your blog on adammacs blog and stopped by. All, I can say is that from reading this I would be having brain farts all the time living in NYC. The only directions I understand are take a left at so and so's house, and go up past farmer Joes...LOL. Love the blog I wwill definately be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home