Thursday, August 24, 2006

I peed out my window.

Last night, per my regular Wednesday ritual, I went and played softball with my company, and then went to Mo's Caribbean Tavern afterwards. The night started well with 3 wins at the beer pong table, then my partner decided to willingly give up our spot to some cute girls. The alcoholic in me would never do such a thing, but since they were cute, and I hadn't eaten any dinner, I didn't argue too much. That, and there was no way I was going to win the argument with my considerably drunker partner. OF course, this is supposed to be something to entertain clients as well, and one of the zillion reason I'm not suited for sales is that I won't be nice to people and give them a chance to do something. I'll tell them to wait in line and talk smack all night long. Anyway, the night goes on, I drink more, and around 11 cups starts. There were sufficient numbers on each side of the table, and knowing that I was planning on working a long day today, I decided to take my leave so I didn't get completely hammered.

I manage to catch the cross-town bus so I can skip the $20 cab ride home. Now the m79 that I took, doesn't go completely straight like most of the cross-towns do. It turns off and goes down a block or two before running east west again. Of course, I think I was drunker than I realized, and I thought the bus had looped around, and promptly lost all sense of direction. Anyway, I walk to the subway, (because I got off a block too early) and get on. I sit down and don't really pay attention because I have a long ride home. Thankfully the conductor spoke loud enough so that stop announcements could be heard, because my brain got a bit of a wake up when he announce 72nd. Of course my reaction was too slow to get out at that stop so I got out at 66th. (For those of you that are wondering. I live at about 170th). At this point in time I say fuck it, get out and just take a cab, which cost me $19. Yes I save myself one whole dollar in my drunker than I realized state.

Anyway, I get home shower, drink lots of water, blah blah blah and go through my nightly routine and go to bed by 12:30ish. I thought I was pretty much sober by this point in time. At some point in time after going to bed, I got out of bed and sleepwalked/drunkenly decided that I needed to pee. In my sleepy haze, I guess I decided that it would be easier to open my blind, and my window, and take a piss. Now my apartment is a decent size, but its only one floor. It's all of maybe 30 feet from my bed to the bathroom. Nope, definitely easier to open the window. It's kind of odd reflecting back on it, because it was very much like a dream. The only reason I'm even sure I peed out the window was the fact that my blinds were kind of messed up this morning. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I live on the 6th floor, and was pissing on the street side.

Peeing out the window is one of things that I've thought about doing and thought, "Man that would be fun!" but then the little good angel my shoulder sits me down and tells me that pissing out a window from 6 floors up is kind of a dick move. I can't even see myself doing this drunk, which is why I think I was sort of sleep walking/peeing. Of course those of you that know me also know that I've had these sorts of bladder issues in the past, which account for the two times I peed on my desk in college. Those times I was most definitely plastered.

In other news of me getting into trouble, I will be going to Atlantic City this weekend with Steve, Rory, and Nick. The first time I peed on my desk was a result of Rory's 21st birthday party.

Tuesday I went to the Mets-Cards game at Shea. IT was a hell of a game with Delgado hitting 2 home runs, including his 400th which was a grand slam, Pujols hitting 2 home runs and getting 7RBIs, and Beltran hitting a walk-off in the ninth. It was everything you could ask for in a game. Anyway, I've heard Shea is a dump, but I honostly didn't think it was that bad. It's a helluva lot better than the Meadowlands. Giants’ stadium is a dump. Shea is just a little old. Though it doesn't really have a personality, and isn’t really nice like PNC or SafeCo, and if a stadium doesn’t have a personality after its been around for almost 40 years, its probably never going to have one. Now I just need to get to Yankee stadium.

4 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the title, and immediately thought "Garrett was feeling good that night" yeah, peeing out your window....definitely easier!

 
At 8/27/2006 1:50 AM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

This is one of those things that you will never read on a girls' blog because if she's peeing out her window, she's probably falling out her window and she's either dead or seriously injured. I love the headline here though. It's a real attention-grabber.

 
At 8/28/2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Wise man once said: Man who gets peed on, gets pissed off.

Karma..I am telling you.

You diss the Indians. The Red Sox lose.

You pee out the window, next time you get peed on.

 
At 8/29/2006 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's better than peeing on your keyboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home