Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sure, now its sunny

So, I have returned from a fun filled week of camp. Unfortunately it rained almost every day so we didn’t get to play softball :-(, but oh well. I managed to maximize my responsibility while doing a minimal amount of work by just doing unit coverage, which basically consisted of me sitting at my campsite and reading a book and making sure one got hurt. Speaking of books, I finished Lamb. It was cute and funny. Not really very intellectual, but it held my interest, so I'm not complaining. I have discovered however, that I prefer something a bit more intellectually stimulating. Despite me hating English class all through high school, I think my teachers may have actually gotten through to me, so I now prefer reading people like Nathaniel Hawthorne instead of people like Christopher Moore.

While I am sure the city life is what I need right now, I think someday I will need to move back into the woods. There is very peaceful and soothing about the ambient noise in the woods, which is in contrast to the absolute silence I generally prefer I can only dream about living in the city.

Some of you will really like this. One of our Junior Counselors is and ND trumpet. FYI, the trumpet shirts for this past year were awesome.

That's all I have for the moment. Sorry if you're hoping for more after a week of vacation, but I've been going here for 10 years, so while I love it, there's not a whole lot to report from it. That and I didn't write anything down during the week so anything interesting I might have talked about has already been forgotten.

Music: Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon

2 Comments:

At 7/01/2006 10:15 PM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

The whole album? It took you all of Dark Side to write THAT?

 
At 7/01/2006 10:29 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

I write slow. That and I may have done other things before and after writing. I don't really remember, but that was the CD I had playing while I was writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home