Saturday, May 06, 2006

Loose Ends

Ok, the Thursday review. "A City by the Light Divided" is another solid effort from Thursday. My biggest complaint is that it sounds a little too "produced" which seems to have taken off a little bit of the edge Thursday normally has had. I also feel that it takes away some of the raw emotion that past albums have, which is what really draws me into a CD. However top to bottom it is a very good disk. Overall, I say 4 stars out of 5.

There is something oddly alluring about riding in the front of a subway train and watching everything the train conductor sees. On a related note, I'm going to be really disappointed when the trains return to "normal" and the C doesn't run express from 59th to 145th street anymore during week.

I got a new router today, so now I can actually use my laptop in my apartment. Yeah!

After reading away messages today (because despite being 2 years removed from college I still can't stop reading everyone's) I remembered the Kentucky Derby is today. There is a very high probability of me missing it. Particularly since I hate the pomp and circumstance before hand, and I would need to time things just right to look at the horses run in a circle. Rah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home