Wednesday, May 03, 2006

New Music!

Ok, if you don't like my taste in music, you can probably skip this entry.

First up: Tool - "10,000 Days" Since Tool is arguably my second favorite band I am a little biased, but I am impressed, but not wow-ed...yet. This album seems a little less melodic than past albums, and a little bit darker (if that's possible). I do like that they have not tried to copy their past sound, and they just keep moving forward. I give it 4 stars out of 5.

Second up: Avenged Sevenfold - "City of Evil" They definitely released the two best tracks of this CD ("Beast & the Harlot" and "Bat Country"). I just started getting into them recently. More or less a straight up metal band, but their lead singer can actually sing, and well, I'm a sucker for that. I was hoping there would be some more tunes that were as catchy so the 2 I previously mentioned, but none seem to be. Its definitely not a purchase I'll regret, but I'll probably stick to mp3's for these guys in the future. I give it 3 stars out of 5.

On a side note, I need to find a mom and pop record store. I had one in CT that was very loyal too. I've walked past a few in my neighborhood, but they don't exactly specialize in CD's in English. I also don't think there are too many rock kids in the Dominican and Puerto Rican communities.

Third up: Thursday - "A City by the Light Divided" #@$%$#@%$#@%$ CD wouldn't play in my laptop. I initially ripped it to my work computer (since it's an enhanced CD and I just prefer to avoid the autostart feature enhanced CD's have) and it sounded all scratchy. I then listed to the disk directly and it had the same problem. I listed to a bit on a coworker's computer and it was fine. I'm listening to it on my roommate's stereo now and it is playing fine, so I guess it's just my laptop. Very annoying. I'll review this in a few days when I've had a chance to listen to it a couple times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home