Tuesday, March 14, 2006

NY Quick Hits.

If you have thinning hair, it really might be time to reconsider the Mohawk look. (This goes out to the dude that required every ounce of my willpower not to stare at him and his absolutely awful hair that I saw on the subway this morning).

The ^!#$#$%&* machines refused to accept my credit card when I tried to buy a month pass. I tried going to the actually living person that sells passes, but apparently they only accept cash. Grrr..... The machine did accept my debit card which I HATE using for anything other than the atm.

I already miss my big grocery stores (Shaw's and Stop and Shop). The local grocery is Gristedes. Aside from being small and a little dingy, it has the most bass ackwards selection of goods I have ever seen. I suppose in time I'll do some searching and find a better one, but the Gristedes is 2 blocks away and very convenient.

2 Comments:

At 3/19/2006 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use Fresh Direct (http://www.freshdirect.com). Not only is the produce way fresher, but they have a great selectio and the prices are much better than your local D'Ag or Gristedes. Oh, and they deliver right to your door, so you don't have to limit what you buy to what you can carry.

 
At 3/22/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

The concept of internet grocery shopping puts me off for some reason. I like to be able to see what I'm buying. Also, I rarely buy fruit, and usually only buy frozen vegetables because I never eat fresh fast enough. I also like the exercise of carrying the groceries :-)

I'm actually highly considering doing my grocery shopping at Whole Foods and just taking the subway back, but we'll see. I've only lived here for 2 weeks, and for a quarter of that time I was away on a business trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home