Thursday, March 02, 2006

Unrelated thoughts

I'm posting for the sake of posting. That, and I don't expect to have time over the weekend to post. Tomorrow night is the moving out party. I'll probably be too drunk to post. I'm out of beer. Rum and Coke it'll have to be. Anywho....

I move to New York in 8 days. I think I've made arrangements or taken care of everything I need to do before I move. Now I just need to motivate myself to do a bit of packing....

I'm going to the Big East Women's bball tournament at the civic center this weekend. Section 101, row H. Look for me on TV. On a related note, what the hell happened to our women's team? We won the national championship 3 years ago. Now we're an 11 seed......in the Big East. We're not even going to the Big Dance this year. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED MUFFET! We were ranked 15 in both ESPN and AP polls preseason. We'll barely even be in the Women's NIT!

I have done a superb job of eating up all the food I have in my house. All I have left in my freezer is some bread, a hot dug bun, and a big bag of frozen broccoli. It's going to be a week of exciting meals.

The saga of my first paycheck for the new job. Instead of being direct deposited (like I signed up for) it was sent to the NY office. The person who received it happened to be out of town until this Tuesday. However, no one in HR was aware of this, so I requested a cancellation. Tuesday it was discovered and mailed to me at the Bristol office, and the cancellation request was cancelled. When I looked at my check, it had my home address on it. Disregarding the direct deposit request, why couldn't they just send it to my house? The downside of the big bureaucracy of my company. Grrrrrrr.......


Songs: Crossroad - Cream, Crazy Little Thing Called love - Queen, a Jethro Tull song I don't know the name of. Hey You - Pink Floyd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home