Sunday, March 05, 2006

Big East Women's Basketball

After watching us play twice, I now realize why were a 10 seed in the Big East tournament (not 11 as I had previously reported). Our perimeter defense sucks. The only reason we beat USF is that eventually Meghan Duffy realized she was the best player on the floor and took the game over, along with USF missing several wide open 3's down the stretch. Today, in our loss to UConn (which could have been a lot worse than it was), I saw how much more athletic UConn was than ND, and it suddenly all become clear. Oh well, tomorrow I'll stop sporting ND swag and put on my UConn hat. But after watching us, I do think we have a good chance of being much better next year.

Other Notes.
I hung around yesterday to watch Pitt play. They have a monster of a girl on their team called Mercedes Walker. She's 6'3" and 230lbs. at least. She is a big girl, and against mediocre competition, she'll kick ass. However, DePaul totally shut her down this evening, and I discovered Pitt has no one else on their team that can do anything, since DePaul just doubled Mercedes all night on their way to the rout.

Bands.
After ND's, DePaul's was my favorite. This is for 2 reasons. One, they had French Horns; the best instrument ever. Second, while the opposing team shot free throws, they would singe a different song every time. It was clever and original. I liked it. On the other hand, there was Villanova, who didn't even have a band. Just poor form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home