Saturday, June 17, 2006

Train Tease

I was on my way home from Brooklyn last night, and managed to catch the J (which according to all the subway maps available doesn't run in southern Brooklyn, but whatever) and took it up to junction where I could transfer to the D after only a few minutes of waiting. Pretty impressive for late night trains. Anyway, as the D approached the section of track I'm familiar with (59th to 145th), I started to keep my eye out for the A so I could get up to 168th. As we started to get closer to 125th I noticed groups of people walking on the platforms we passed, a solid indication that the A train was close. As we pulled into the 125th street station the A train was just pulling away. AARRGGHHH! Just missed it. That's ok, the express train running to 145th should pass the A which stops at 135th right? Well, the D train takes one of those slow pull aways from the station and then runs like half speed up to 145th. I exit the D and run up a level to see if the A is there but alas, no A, which means I just missed it and half to wait forever for the next A. Grrr...... I debate walking home (it's probably like 30 blocks), but decide against it since I have absolutely no idea what the neighborhood is like between 145 and about 163rd, but I'm willing to bet it's less then stellar.

On a completely unrelated note, I need to comment on something bothering me. If you've graduated from college, and you go to a bar and order any of the following: PBR, Natty, Dirt Cheap, Iron City, Busch Light, Hammes or anything equivalent to those, I am above you. I don't care if there is a drink special on them. Unless you're already plastered, or your playing drinking games (in which I still don't think you should go below Bud or Coors Light), there is no excuse to drink those. I'll still make fun of you if you order some sort of Smirnoff Ice or other "bitch drink," but I'll actually respect you more because at least I know you're drinking something you probably think tastes good. There is no conceivable way you can drink those bottom of the barrel beers and think, "Gee, this tastes good in my mouth, I think I'll drink more willingly." Thank you, this has been an ndheathen public service announcement.


Music: Bush - "The Chemicals Between Us," REM - "Imitation of Life," Queens of the Stone Age - "God is in the Radio," Chad Kroger - "Hero," Bob Dylan - "Stuck in the Middle With You," Cracker - "Low," Pearl Jam - "Daughter," Green Day - "Minority"

1 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Dwight Supremacy said...

I was sooooo expecting to read some hot story about some dirty (in a good way) chicky flirting or even flashing you on the train.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home