Monday, June 12, 2006

The U.S. will lose to Ghana

You heard me right. Our soccer team is awful. Apparently the Czech's were supposed to be the "aging" team, but the US looked like a bunch of 40 year olds with hangovers out there. We passed poorly, didn't run well, and had some total breakdowns on defense. In short, we did just everything wrong. Now for those of you who don't have the luxury of getting ESPN360 at your desk where you can watch all the World Cup games, Ghana (population 22,409,572) isn't that great either, but they at least ran all day long and were at least close to Italy through most of the match. I will not be at all surprised if we go home still holding the dubious record of never winning a World Cup match on European soil.

In other news Ben Roethlisberger was in a motorcycle accident and is now in serious condition. If you want to know more go here. Congratulations moron, you just threw away millions of dollars and a potential hall of fame career because you don't like to ride with a helmet. 'The safest rider I can be' my ass. Douche bag.

In good news, Tom Zbikowski is a pretty kick ass fighter. Good thing too because he's a lousy safety. Unfortunately to really make it as a fighter he's going to need to put on about 35 lbs. and I think he's too short to do that. If any of you domers want to check out the fight, go here. The fight doesn't start until about 9.5 minutes in if you want to skip all the other BS before hand.

4 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

I watched the Ghana Italy match, but not the US match. I've never seen an assembly of so many hot men. Those Italians! It was stunning. They play the US next, right? My allegiances are split, but I might as well root for the Italians since I root for a losing team all summer (Cubs). It's nice to root for a winner once in a while. I'm slowly becoming the world's biggest Detroit Tigers fan as well.

 
At 6/13/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Kris said...

You love sports about as much as me. I think I may propose. Lol.

I agree with you completely on the World Cup. Initiative. That is what we lack. We spend too much time complaining about lack of respect, and lack of appreciation for our skills. But the moment we have the chance to stick it to the other guy, we choke.

And about good old Ben, I think he is realizing now that it don't matter if you make 30 million, it doesn't make you invicible. In fact Terry Bradshaw last year after Winslow hurt himself like a fool, told an interviewer that Ben was stupid for not wearing a helmet and that he was being a poor role model for doing so. He should of listened better.

 
At 6/13/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Sue ellen, since the American's pretty much suck, you have to root for your heritage after them (at least according to me). Unfortunately the Irish, Scotch, and Welsh did not make it in. Thankfully I'm enough of a mutt that I can still root for the Germans and the Dutch:-)

Kris, yeah, I'm a big sports fan, and at each stage of my life I've become a bigger sports fan. My only fear is that I'm becoming too big of a sports fan...

 
At 6/15/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Kris said...

There isn't anything wrong with being too big of a sports fan.

Not to mention, watching Saudi Arabia go bananas for scoring 2 goals and tieing Tunisia was entertaining. You know the person who scores a goal in world cup gets a house or car from the Saudi government? Hopefully the car comes with gas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home