Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Segues be damned

On the train to work this morning we got held up 125th street for a "police investigation." It's annoying but I can deal, I'd just prefer to be somewhere else the next time an "investigation" occurs. There's something just slightly unnerving about a bunch of cops walking checking into every car of the train you're on in the middle of Harlem. On my way home there were announcements that downtown trains were running express from 125th to 59th because of another investigation at 103rd. What crazy shit is going down on the subway? (Maybe I don't want to know...)

Not that anyone really needs more reasons to hate Duke but JJ Redick getting pulled over for DWI is a pretty good one. Talk about a bad year for Duke sports and alcohol related incidents. Didn't anyone tell him that running from the police is a generally a sign to them that you're guilty of something? Thankfully Katie doesn't go there anymore so I am no longer torn between obligatory sports hatred and the desire to support friends by rooting for the schools they go to. (At least its not USC!)

Today at work my "icebreaker" got sent out which asks some pointless questions (fav food, fav tv show etc.) along with a picture of you. This is supposed to be down shortly after you start. My first day was Feb 6. Yeah, that's a 5-month turnaround. Good work guys.

My meals today consisted of a bowl of cereal, bratwurst for lunch, I will have pizza for dinner, and I will probably consume a few beverages later in the evening. It's probably not good that high point of healthy eating today was the bowl of cereal I had for breakfast. Meh.

Brazil was a lot of fun to watch today. I don’t know if it’s because they’re good, if it’s because I recognize their names almost as well as the American team, or if it’s just fun to listen to the announcers have to say Kaka for 90 minutes. I think I’m leaning towards the Kaka thing.

2 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what was going on:
http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=60184

 
At 6/13/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

thanks anonymous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home