Monday, May 29, 2006

Odds and ends.

Something else I forgot to mention about my road trip. I really like the atmosphere of the Bristol office and how much more laid back it is. People there just aren't that concerned about their perception of themselves and don’t worry about doing things like watching Star Wars at work or talking about things like cats ‘n’ racks.

I was planning on strolling around central park yesterday, just for the purpose of exploring, but then it occurred to me that I'm going to a wedding next weekend, and that it is generally the social custom to buy newly weds a gift, and not just to show up to congratulate them and get free dinner and drinks. (Speaking of which, I need to acquire wrapping paper since slumming it with newspaper I think would be a little tacky for a wedding.)

This led to my first trip to the Bronx (lets ignore the fact that I drove through the Bronx Friday) for a visit to Target. Later in the day I went out to Astoria to hang out a new friend of mine for a few drinks, making three boroughs in one day. I also discovered that the D train runs express late nights, which means I didn’t have to sit around and wait forever for the A train. Very convenient.

This morning I decided to rock the Starbucks breakfast. How far do you think you could walk with a frappachino in hand without taking a sip. Honostly, I barely got out the door, but then I resisted taking a nother sip until I was in my building. That's an 11 block walk resisting java chip goodness. Talk about an exercise in self conrol.

4 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Gift bags are great..because you can throw the gift in there with tissue paper and not worrying about how made the wrapping job was.

 
At 5/30/2006 8:40 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Thanks, my roommate suggested that to me too. Unfortunately, I have none of those either. :-(

 
At 5/31/2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Yah but you could use the newspaper as tissue paper instead....saves money and recycles =)

 
At 6/01/2006 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope u liked it ;) in Astoria. Maybe u'd be willing to revisit it one day, cause I don't want to say anything but my Toshiba is starting to break down... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home