Thursday, June 01, 2006

Liquid Dinner and New Music

Yesterday was one of my coworker's last day. While I haven't worked here that long, it was sad to see her go since she is one of the few people that seemed to make an honest effort to make me feel welcome in NYC. Anyway, in keeping with traditional last rights, we all went out to a bar after work. My dinner consisted of many Smithwicks along with 4 jalapeño poppers and 2 shots of Jameson. I thought I took good care of myself before I went to bed, but that lack of anything actually solid seemed to trump that and I still had a small headache this morning. Of course I didn't exactly sleep well because it’s getting warm and for the moment I'm still refusing to use air conditioning. Waking up at 5 am after losing the fight with vampires in my dreams didn't help.

Anyway, after some debate I decided to buy some new music today. Thankfully my new music played in my laptop this time. Also, I know both of these came out last year, but I wasn't listening to internet radio at the time so I was getting exposed to these things so I'm just getting around to buying them now.

Death Cab For Cutie - "Plans" - I first listened to this on the airplane when I went to Orlando, but I couldn't make up my mind. Now after being able to hear several tracks again in an office without the background noise that an airplane has, I decided to go out and get it. My favorite track is "Crooked Teeth." I'm giving it 4 stars out of 5.

Panic! At the Disco - "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" - I kept hearing tracks by them, and I kept liking them so after 3 or 4 different songs I decided I should just go out and buy the album. There are many songs on this disc that I want to walk out of the office singing. My favorite tack is "I Write Sins Not Tragedies." This also gets 4 stars out of 5.

3 Comments:

At 6/02/2006 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Crooked Teeth" is great. I listened to it yesterday.

 
At 6/03/2006 3:00 AM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

You really "buy" "albums"? I haven't purchased and "album" in a long time. I recently discovered semi-legal downloading and I love it.

 
At 6/03/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Yes, I still by "albums." I'm afraid that if I start downloading form the internet at the goign rate of $1 a song, I'll blow 200-300 in an afternoon. That and my 6 year old computer has limited memory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home