Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Last week's spinning wheels have been broken

So I was supposed to go out with coworkers tonight to watch the Red Sox. Unfortunately only a few people were in, and most of those that were backed out at the last minute so it got cancelled. Also, because of the Sox loss last Tuesday, they location was changed to somewhere on the Lower East Side, so the ease of bar hopping would have been greatly reduced. Oh well.

I suppose this could end up being ok since instead of eating greasy food and drinking lots of beer I came home and worked out. I thought my roommate might be coming home this evening so I elected to use my computer to play my workout music, which today was Bush's "Sixteen Stone." (Dave and I have pretty different tastes in music so I try to be nice and not subject him to my angry music if and when he's around.) For some strange reason, Media Player didn't recognize the file types on the CD. I'm hoping that in an effort to keep up with modern formats, I've updated Media Player to a point where it can't decode the files on the cd that is *cough*12*cough* years old. This seems unlikely to me however. Further investigation will occur this weekend.

Unfortunately, since I was planning on going out, all the meat I have in my apartment is frozen solid, and I hate using the microwave to defrost things so I decided to order pizza since I skipped my weekly Friday ritual of ordering pizza since I expensed dinner in CT. Later I think I'll go to Brother Jimmy's again for some karaoke, and drink beer. Let's consider the working out I did "preventative maintenance" for the greasy food and beer that I will be having anyway this evening.

3 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 11:58 PM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Pizza and beer on a Tuesday night? Rock Star. I try to save that kind of debauchery for weekends.

 
At 5/31/2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Kris said...

I used to listen to Sixteen Stone when I was in middle school..if not to only reveal my real age.

Beer with friends is always good.

 
At 5/31/2006 11:11 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

It's all about choosing your vices kids.

Kris, beer with friends is good, but I don't really have any in NYC, yet....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home