Sunday, May 14, 2006

The quest for Shake and Bake

I probably just haven't been looking in the right places, but it does not seem possible to acquire shake and bake in New York City. My local Gristedes doesn't have it, but that's not really saying much. They usually only have about 85% of what I want, though over the course of a month I think that goes up to 90%. Whole Foods is off in the own little "au naturale" world so that's pretty much out of the question. I decided to take a little subway trip to the Food Emporium to see what results that could yield, but also no luck there either. However, I do believe that the Food Emporium will become my grocery store of choice, as it was large enough to have 95% of everything I could want, plus it was clean, and easier to move around in. Unfortunately I will be bound by old fashioned marinade (not that much of a sacrifice), and the quest for shake and bake will have to continue on.

1 Comments:

At 5/20/2006 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home