Saturday, May 13, 2006

Eliminated

It looked like it might be close, but alas, UVa was too much for the Irish Lacrosse team. We had too many unforced errors, and couldn't match the physical play of Virginia in out 14-10 loss. The game was not as close as it sounded, as we managed to add a few goals late after the game was pretty much decided. Though it was kinda nice that the other 5 people in the bar all seemed to be rooting for ND. Anyway, I really liked the way Virginia played. There were very physical and knew when to take shots, and always seemed to create quality scoring chances. Oh well. Hopefully the women will advance and they'll be on later in the tournament, even though women's lacrosse pales in comparison to men's.

Unfortunately its 7 on a Saturday night, and my evening is done :-(.

In other news, I still have yet to go to the 81st street subway station completely sober...

2 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 7:31 PM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

ND, I just read your comment on my blog. I think you're right. And I don't think I like it very much. Go to my page to see my response.

7:00 and your night is over? What are you, 29?

 
At 5/14/2006 1:24 AM, Blogger ndheathen said...

No, I'm just new to a place and I don't have any friends....in the city. Also, I that was kind of a lie, because I decided to go to my local bar and do some karaoke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home