Thursday, May 11, 2006

I need Domers and LAX fans now!

So I was checking the non main stream college sports today, and discovered that both men's and women's ND lacrosse teams are in the NCAA tournament. The men's game is even on TV this Saturday on ESPNU @ 3:30. Apparently ESPNU is like the one channel Time Warner decided not to pick up. So, I figured I'd finally get around to checking the local ND club in hopes that maybe there is some sort of game watch scheduled somewhere. Unfortunately this seems to not be the case. So, we try to google New York, Notre Dame, and bar. Nope, to many f-ing lawyers. Citysearch on sports bars. 2 results. OK, WTF? Sports bar? Nope. Sport Bar? Ah 20 results, now we're getting somewhere. Also, placed a phone call to Amy to see if she knew any good sports bars. Unfortunately she said no, but she did give me the name of the bar that apparently the ND football game watches are held at, so that is a viable option. Unfortunately Amy is unavailable to watch this with me. The only other domer I know in the city is the $4 girl so hopefully she can lend a hand.

1 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McFadden's is pretty good, as is Ship of Fools. I would say probably any of the bars on 3rd Ave. in the Murray Hill/ Gramercy area.

Also:

Citysearch lists sports bars as a category.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home