Sunday, April 16, 2006

Thanks mom

So I get obligatory parental Easter phone call today. We talk about this, that and the other, and eventually we somehow get to the topic of clothes, and how I've needed to buy a lot of new pants as of late since I am unfortunately no longer a 32 waist. Anyway, the following exchange occurs:

Mom: "So, are you dressing like a New Yorker now?"

Me: "Uh, no." ::awkward pause:: "If I go out I still wear a t-shirt and jeans."

Mom: "Oh, that's too bad."

Me: "I mean, I'm a little dressed up if I go out after work..."

Mom: "I still picture you going out in a t-shirt, jeans, and wearing flannel."

Me: "Yeah, that's still pretty accurate, though it's been warm enough since I moved that I haven't needed the flannel."

She goes on to say I should look to see what my roommate wears in order to be more fashionable blah blah blah. Does my mother want me to dress gay? I mean, wtf? I dress comfortable. I own one pair of khakis, and one pair of black pants. That's all I need. As long as no visible dirt or stains appear on them, they can be worn day after day. I mean, if you go out to the bar and end up getting drunk and shit gets spilled all over you, do you want to be wearing your best clothes, or do you want to say, "meh, whatever, these pants probably should have been thrown out 2 years ago anyway."

Girls may like a sharp dressed man, but 9 times out of 10, they're not going to be the type of girl I'm interested in.

4 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

 
At 4/18/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger dani said...

i agree. and we all know you can look hot if you try.

anyway, you don't have to look gay.... just not quite so ... frat boy. =)

 
At 4/18/2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the same time, you probably feel the most like yourself in a T-shirt and jeans. And girls also like guys who are comfortable with themselves.

 
At 4/18/2006 11:38 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

What is this trying you speak of?

...and listen, just because I have a t-shirt from freshman orientation that is still in my regular t-shirt rotation, does that necessarily constitutue frat boy?

Long live the t-shirt and jeana! Unless of course I mix is up and bust out the cargos:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home