Thursday, March 30, 2006

Planning ahead

So, for those of you who haven't marked your calendars, tomorrow is my birthday. Normally I'd be pretty psyched because not only is it a great reason to go get drunk, but my birthday is on a Friday, so I don't need to worry about hungover for work the next day (uh....like last year). However, as I've been living in NY for all of 3 weeks, I don't really know many people outside of work. Now, I told a couple of the guys I work with that my birthday is coming up. Unfortunately 2 out of 3 of them are on vacation this weekend. Realizing this, I decided to actually go try and be social with the rest of my coworkers. I went to the one female coworker that I'm starting to trust a little (...and by trust I mean act like my obscene self around) and asked her if she was free after work on Friday. She said no (apparently she's going to Cincinnati) but of course wanted to know why I was asking. I told it was my birthday tomorrow, and I was trying to see who was free after work.

"Garrett!" she said "I'm disappointed in you. You didn't tell us." (She also informed another woman I work with across the hall).
"Sure I did. I told Dave, Mark and Chris. Granted 2 of them on vacation, but I still told someone."
"No, you didn't tell us. You need to tell us these things ahead of time."
"What? I'm giving you like a whole day's warning. Besides I told the other guys like 2 weeks ago."
"No, you need to us girls!"

Ahhhhh! The light comes on. It's a gender thing, and they want to be able to plan ahead for something. Not that it would have mattered, most people seem to have things they need to do after work tomorrow anyway (hence my "planning ahead" by a day). Anyway, it looks like I'm going out with friend Amy tomorrow (rock on SMC) and my cousin Saturday, and I'll probably go out to lunch with everyone n my group tomorrow for lunch, so it looks like it should be a decent birthday, though probably a lot less drunk than I'd like it to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home