Monday, March 27, 2006

Henry Rollins

I was flipping through channels tonight after my Law & Order addiction had been satisfied, and came across a Henry Rollins standup special. My first exposure to Rollins was on "The Crow" soundtrack with the Rollins Band cover of "Ghostrider." I become more familiar with him with his commentary on various VH1 shows throughout college. At some point in time (I'm guessing between sophomore and junior year) I came across his standup. He did a bit about a trip to Bangkok that had me in tears. I think it would have been pretty funny regardless, but having been there relatively recently, I think I had a deeper understanding for the humor. At any rate I stumbled across him again this evening on IFC and he again delivered. Absolutely f-ing hilarious.

Other Rollins notes. This is not a man you'd want to fuck with. I'm pretty sure he was born with steroids pumping through his veins. I know he was sent to a military school at a young age because he was too much for his parents to handle, so the preceding statement doesn't seem like too much of an exaggeration. Now he simply has biceps the size of my head, and his music tends to be pure anger.

After a google search on Rollins I discovered that he's going to have his own show on IFC. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home