Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Another Day

Another Red Sox win. Another Yankees loss. Needless to say, it is a good day. Speaking of the Yankees loss, it involved a steal of home, which in this day and age of baseball is almost as rare as a no hitter. In fact, I would argue that stealing home is the most exciting play in baseball, since it involves what I would consider to be the highest risk and highest reward. I think its a play that needs to be tried more often. Of course, that would also require everyone to tell their respective manager to sack up and take a risk even if you don't have a player named Jose Reyes.

Continuing on the sports theme, Cleveland, I must say, I'm very disappointed in you. Now, I'm certainly not that big of an NBA fan, but c'mon, your team is in the Eastern Conference Finals, you have one best young stars in the game (even if his competitive edge isn't ideal), but that arena sure as hell didn't seem like it was sold out. What, did you all stay home to watch the Indians lose to my Sox at Fenway?

For the 3 or 4 of you that still read my blog, you may remember me mentioning being locked in an office on New Years Eve. Well now there is video proof...with a few artistic liberties.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5/31/2007 3:09 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Sorry, it's actually been nice weather in Cleveland... and around here, that's more rare than a sports team in the playoffs/finals ;-)

 
At 6/01/2007 4:04 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Consider that the game was played in Detroit last night and not Cleveland, you might of been wrong.

And given the fact how much ticket prices cost to attend games these days in the Q and Browns Stadium etc...those fans who are true Clevelanders and from blue collar families can not simply afford to attend the games.

And you can take my word for it, that every single bar is packed with fans.

 
At 6/04/2007 12:22 AM, Blogger ndheathen said...

I'll certainly believe the bars were packed, particularly with all the Indians fans hanging around in the parking lot for game 6. I'm still not sold on the high ticket price though since game 6 looked sold out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home